Wireless LAN Security
Fundamental concepts of wireless network security. The focus is on 802.11 standard wireless solutions including: learning how to defend against the latest hacking techniques, implement the latest wireless LAN security solutions, and understand the impact of new solutions. This course provides the basic preparation for the Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP) exam.
- Identify methods of wireless network attacks.
- Identify wireless network vulnerabilities.
- Compare 802.1x/EAP solutions.
- Compare Kerberos and RADIUS authentication.
- Describe the functions of Wireless Gateways and VLAN’s.
- Configure PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec in Wireless LAN’s.
- Develop Wireless LAN Security Policies.
- Secure IEEE 802.11i with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
- Identify several encryption types used with Wireless.
- Use Security Policy Templates.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.