Wireless LAN Administration
Fundamental concepts of wireless network administration. The focus is on 802.11 standard wireless solutions including: fundamentals of 802.11 WLANs; radio frequency fundamentals; antennas; RF math and system operating margin; RF power output regulations; wireless LAN operation; 802.11 analyses and troubleshooting; and site surveying. This course provides the basic preparation for the Certified Wireless Network Administration (CWNA) exam.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Wireless Network (WLAN) systems and their impact on the information technology industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Wireless Network (WLAN) technologies including Medium Access Control (MAC) Layer, Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) Physical Layer, Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) Physical Layer, Infrared (IR) Physical Layer and Roaming Standards.
- Identify hardware and software components of applied WLAN’s.
- Discuss basics of wireless solutions including: 802.11.
- Assess the elements of the network development life cycle.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.