IT Clients Using MS Windows
This course provides a solid framework of the concepts and implementation of a client-side operating system. Topics include understanding the client processing of information to support organizational decision-making and strategic planning, the client-server architecture, and the clients role when connected to database systems and network systems that are required to meet and support real-world projects and IT initiatives. Hands-on labs are included.
- Discuss the challenges of managing a client-side system.
- Explain the importance of strategic planning for desktop initiatives.
- Recognize issues and solutions involved in management control of information processing using a client-side operating system.
- Describe the basic functions of a client-side operating system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the features of an industry standard client-side operating system.
- Examine the structure of the Internet and the World Wide Web using a client-side operating system.
- Describe the networks and network terminology within a client-server IT environment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.