Computer Network Overview
This course emphasizes network and security concepts, standards, and implementation. It provides students with an understanding of network and security management and emerging network technologies. Topics include network standards, network security, standards layers, common protocols, 802.3, 802.11, and Wi-Fi standards, TCP/IP architecture, and networked applications.
- Explain the basics of network and security management.
- Differentiate between network devices and their functions.
- Describe the standards layers and their role in networking.
- Explain common protocols and standards used in networking.
- Apply networking technology concepts within student projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic network security concepts.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.