Introduction to IT
This course provides an introduction to Information Technology (IT) infrastructure concepts and applications in an integrated information system environment. This course focuses on understanding the importance of IT for various types of IT applications within an organization. Topics include: overview of hardware, software, data resources, telecommunications and networks. The course provides an overview of ‘what’ IT is and how to apply IT in various organizations.
- Recognize the importance of IT.
- Identify the various components of the IT infrastructure.
- Analyze IT infrastructure.
- Differentiate various applications of IT.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of data and information management.
- Recognize the importance of security, privacy concerns, and ethics of the IT Infrastructure.
- Conduct individual research projects of pertinent IT concepts.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.