Database Design and Impl.
Introduction to Database. DBMS Architecture. High Level Conceptual Data Models: ERI, Relational, ER to Relational Mapping. Operations and Relational Constraints Violations. Database Design Theory and Methodology: Functional Dependencies and Normal Forms. SQL *Plus environment and commands: Relational Algebra Operations, Creation and Modification of relations, Data Management and Retrieval using Multiple Tables.
- Explain a formal database design methodology using correct database terminology.
- Transform application requirements into a database design using ER-Model.
- Build a relational database from the logical database design.
- Apply normalization to data for effective, stable database design and to improve performance.
- Implement and manipulate database using Structured Query language (SQL).
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.