This practicum focuses on the legal and regulatory requirements, ethical issues, basic methodology and technical tools used for ethical hacking and penetration tests. Students learn to establish a pre-test agreement with the enterprise, discover and exploit vulnerabilities, participate as a member of a pen test team and prepare a penetration test report.
- Evaluate the legal and regulatory requirements of ethical hacking and penetration tests
- Produce a penetration test authorization and rules of engagement document
- Contrast penetration testing methodologies
- Derive system reconnaissance and network scan to detect open ports and vulnerable systems
- Elaborate social engineering techniques for a penetration test
- Compile penetration test scanning results to exploit vulnerabilities
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.