Data Structures and Algorithms
An overview of data structure concepts, arrays, stack, queues, trees, and graphs. Discussion of various implementations of these data objects, programming styles, and run-time representations. Course also examines algorithms for sorting, searching and some graph algorithms. Algorithm analysis and efficient code design is discussed.
- Explain and utilize linked lists, stacks, queues and trees.
- Describe the techniques of algorithm analysis.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various algorithms.
- Incorporate algorithmic design know-how and data structures to create reliable and structured programs.
- Describe the design and performance of various searching and sorting algorithms.
- Use advanced object-oriented concepts such as abstract base classes, friend classes and operator overloading in the implementation of data structures.
- Discuss graph algorithms
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.