The course includes the study of vectors in the plane and space, systems of linear equations, matrices, determinants, vectors, vector spaces, linear transformations, inner products, eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The course will approach the study of linear algebra through computer based exercises. Technology will be an integral part of this course. Students will also develop experience applying abstract concepts to concrete problems drawn from engineering and computer Science
- Perform basic matrix calculations
- Use matrices to solve systems of linear equations
- Find least-square solution of linear systems
- Set up and solve linear systems in applied problems
- Explain the basic concepts of linear algebra such as subspace, span, linear independence, basis, and dimension
- Identify a linear transformation and find and use its matrix representation
- Compute eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices
- Discuss applications of linear algebra to Computer Graphics and Graph Theory
Software tool such as SciLab or MATLAB.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.