The course introduces the Java programming language and its features. Topics include introduction to object oriented programming, basic control structures, java graphics and GUI objects, multimedia components, exposure to event driven programming, arrays and strings in java. Coverage includes encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Use Java’s control structures, functions, arrays, strings, classes and exception handling.
- Use and apply the Object-oriented programming concepts and related issues.
- Understand and develop event driven programs.
- Understand and properly use the fundamental syntax of the Java language.
- Apply the concepts of inheritance and polymorphism.
- Create graphical user interfaces using Swing.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to help develop and implement software solutions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.