Calculus for Comp. Science II
Continuation of Calculus I with emphasis on understanding of concepts and developing problem solving techniques and strategies. Topics include integration of trigonometric functions, functions of several variables, convergence of series and sequences. Applications in the areas of series approximation, continuous probability distributions, random variables, and modeling are discussed and examined.
- Differentiate and integrate trigonometric, inverse trigonometric and multivariable functions.
- Recognize and use various techniques of integration such as substitution, by parts and partial fraction.
- Determine the convergence/divergence of sequences, infinite series; find the interval of convergence of a power series.
- Use calculus to solve probability problems.
- Use calculus in applications involving areas, volumes, arc length.
- Solve simple first order differential equations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.