Introduction of computer forensics in networked systems, provides understanding of technical issues in acquiring computer evidence with emphasis on computer forensic analysis. File systems and current computer forensics tools are also examined.
- Describe the elements of computer investigations.
- Describe network basics and Internet fundamentals.
- Analyze popular computer operating and file systems.
- Identify and evaluate current computer forensic tools.
- Recover computer image files.
- Identify, secure, catalog, and store digital evidence.
- Describe and discuss e-mail investigations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.