Categorical Data Methods, Appl
Application of methods for analyzing categorical data for knowledge discovery. Analytic categorical data analysis concepts and methods are developed with practical skills in exploratory data analysis. Descriptive statistics of discrete data, contingency tables, and methods of generalized linear models are covered. Applying categorical methods using case studies and real world data will leverage statistical assessment and interpretation.
- Interpret the methods, tests, and assumptions in categorical data analysis.
- Evaluate strategies to conduct data analysis with categorical response data.
- Organize data for statistical analysis of categorical data.
- Design technical and strategic objectives for analysis of categorical data.
- Analyze categorical data using logistic regression to calculate adjusted odds of association and test hypothesis.
- Evaluate results of a contingency table analysis using frequency tables and variable profiles.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.