An examination of major works of William Shakespeare.
- Use their knowledge of Shakespeare’s poetic practices to carefully analyze and compare individual plays.
- Use their knowledge of Shakespeare’s use of dramatic technique and conventions to carefully analyze and compare individual plays.
- Use their knowledge of recurring themes and concerns of Shakespeare’s plays to carefully analyze and compare individual plays.
- Analyze and compare individual plays in light of cultural and social conditions of Shakespeare’s day.
- Compare and critique performances and critical interpretations of Shakespeare’s plays.
- Use close reading skills and knowledge acquired in the course to write a persuasive critical essay on a Shakespearean play.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences