Democracy in the Info. Age
A critical examination of the media and power in modern democracies. Covers theories of democratic participation and media responsibility, as measured against contemporary practices around the world. Explores effects of television news, popular access to video and electronic technologies, and global electronic networks on contemporary political and cultural discourse.
- Demonstrate understanding of key terms critical to understanding democracy in the Information Age
- Identify key events leading to the development and evolution of democratic media
- Demonstrate knowledge of how media and technology facilitate the creation and dissemination of information
- Apply critical thinking to media messages to discern social reality from objective reality
- Articulate the relationship between culture and media content
- Assess the relationship between various political systems and media
- Evaluate whether current media regulation and oversight is sufficient or if more is needed
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences