Intro. to Oral Communication
Introduction to fundamentals of oral communication. Focus on theories of the communication process. Emphasis on listening, non-verbal communication and audience analysis, in different contexts.
- Describe essential aspects of the communication process.
- Explain the importance that oral communication has on society and self.
- Describe how listening is crucial to successful communication.
- Describe the different forms of oral communication.
- Explain how ethics plays an important role in communication.
- Define ‘non-verbal’ communication.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences