Veterans’ Victory Scholarship
Information on this page is meant to be used as a guideline for minimum requirements for eligibility for the Veteran Victory Scholarship Although the list is not all inclusive due to other processes that have to be reviewed by multiple departments. Please confirm you meet all the minimum requirements below and contact the Student Veteran Center Office firstname.lastname@example.org for an in-depth eligibility audit of your account after you have confirmed you meet the basic eligibility requirements below.
The Veteran Center is pleased to offer the Veterans’ Victory Scholarship to qualified applicants. The scholarship offers up to $5,000 based on academic or community achievement and financial need. The National University Veterans’ Victory Scholarship is considered a “last money” scholarship and is designed to supplement military GI Bill® Chapter 31 and Chapter 33 educational benefits when those benefits are exhausted during the current National University degree program. This scholarship is not intended to replace federal and state financial aid, employer tuition assistance, or student income and will only be used to help fund up to the last two to four courses in a student’s academic degree program, helping “bridge the gap” to degree completion. Concurrent receipt of the Veterans’ Victory Scholarship and Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 33, Chapter 35, or Active Duty Tuition Assistance is not allowed.
- Be a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Be an active student enrolled at National University
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for Undergraduate Degrees.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 for Graduate Degrees.
- Have completed a minimum of 18 units or four courses at National University
- Not be in receipt of any VA Education Benefit (Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 33, and Chapter 35) or Active Duty Tuition Assistance
- Not be in receipt of any other National University scholarship or discount
- Must have exhausted Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 GI Bill Educational benefits (on current National University degree program)
- Full-time employees of National University are not eligible for the Veterans’ Victory Scholarship
Eligibility Confirmation and How to Apply:
Interested student applicants should contact the Veteran Center Manager Karla Payne or the Veteran Center Coordinator Rudy Duero, in order to confirm eligibility and receive the most current scholarship application at email@example.com. Applications received without prior eligibility confirmation will not be considered for this scholarship.
National University Veteran Center
9338 Lightwave Avenue, Room 171, San Diego, CA 92123
Phone: (858) 541-7780
Fax: (858) 541-7789