CJA600 CJ Theory, Practice & Policy
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ponzio Oliverio
An overview of criminal justice administration, the history of police administration, organizational systems theory, principles, ideology, and managerial practice that has shaped the criminal justice profession.
- Assess the history and progress of the police profession as it relates to criminal justice today.
- Evaluate and compare the original organizational systems to the current systems.
- Analyze the managerial practices that have shaped the criminal justice profession.
- Appraise senior level perspectives in criminal justice administration.
- Evaluate past police administration practices and compare to current police administration practices.
- Compare current organizational systems theory against other criminal justice systems.
- Evaluate the different principles and ideologies used in current criminal justice practice.