If you can't find the information you need within our website or in this list of common questions, feel free to contact us. Our representatives are happy to help you.
For answers to your questions, call 1-800-NAT-UNIV ext. 8600 or e-mail us at Extlearning@nu.edu. Our address is 3570 Aero Court, San Diego, CA 92123.
A: Extended Learning is committed to providing personal and professional enrichment opportunities by offering innovative and cost effective programs and resources to a diverse community in an evolving global environment. Our offerings are designed to fit into your demanding schedule by supporting various learning environments such as in the classroom, online, and on-site training. Whether you are looking to update your skills, prepare for the job market, or learn more about a subject you enjoy, our courses fit your needs.
A: Why is a Certificate a good career move?
- Learn relevant skills to stay on top of trends in your profession
- Gain tangible, workforce-ready skills
- Boost your earning potential
- Prepare for qualifying industry exams
- Provides networking opportunities and job prospects
- Gain an edge over your peers
- Proves mastery in a subject area
- Learn from subject matter experts working in the field
- Offers practical, hands-on knowledge you can apply to your job immediately
- Short time commitment
- Pursue a passion
- Explore a new career field
- Discover personal enrichment courses
How your organization benefits?
- Stay current with the latest trends in your industry
- Stand out as leaders in your industry
- Meet the ever-changing business needs
- Attract highly skilled and engaged workforce
A: The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a uniform measure of non-academic credit in a continuing education learning experience. One CEU is awarded for every 10 contact hours of participation. Employers and others who routinely examine and evaluate individual accomplishments generally accept this unit of measurement. However, CEU's do not necessarily transfer into semester or quarter units. Each employer may evaluate National University's Division of Extended Learning CEU's differently. We advise our students to contact their employer or school district to verify how our CEU courses will be accounted for prior to enrolling in classes.
A: No. Although current National University students can take Extended Learning courses, this is not a requirement for admission.
A: The first step is to complete the online Extended Learning application, which can be found here:
For non-credit and Continuing Education Unit (CEU) courses, there is a non-refundable $25 registration fee. For academic courses (including the EMT and NUPI certificate programs), there is a non-refundable $60 registration fee.
Once the application has been submitted, please call an Extended Learning advisor at (858) 642-8600 to provide payment and complete registration for your course or program.
A: Yes. An Extended Learning application (and payment of application fee) is required in order to take classes through the Division of Extended Learning, even for current National University students.
A: Yes. When filling out the Extended Learning application, you will be required to input your Social Security Number and Date of Birth. In order to issue a unique Student ID number, this information is require. This Student ID number will be used for identification purposes while attending National University.
A: For all Extended Learning courses, payment is required prior to enrollment. You can make payments for Division of Extended Learning courses using a credit card, a debit card, cash, or check. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. After submitting an Extended Learning application, please contact a Student Services Coordinator at (858) 642-8600 to provide payment for your courses.
A: The following academic credit programs qualify for federal financial aid: NUPI Commercial Dive program.
The EMT Certificate program does not qualify for financial aid funding, though private loans may be used for this program.
- Financial aid cannot be applied to test preparation or VESi courses. Payment for all test preparation and VESi courses is required prior to the start date of the course.
- ed2Go offers private education loans, military tuition assistance, and government funding options for those who enroll in their Career Training Program certificates. Please refer to the following link for more information: http://www.ed2go.com/career/financial-assistance.
- Employer tuition reimbursement information. Many employers offer tuition reimbursement for educational or professional development purposes. Please contact your Human Resources Department to inquire if your employer offers this benefit.
A: The following academic program accept military funding for students: NUPI Commercial Dive Program. Each military student’s funding is evaluated on an individual level – for more information, please contact the National University Veterans Affairs Office at (858) 541-7970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EMT Program does not accept military funding, however there are discounts available for veterans and active military personal.
A: Yes. We offer various courses for funding through the State of California Employment Development Department (EDD). Please visit the San Diego Workforce Partnership website to learn more about the enrollment process.
A: Extended Learning students can utilize the National University Career Services department free of charge. The Career Services department offers resources such as resume building, interview skills, and job search tips. National University Career Services contact information: (858) 541-7950 or email@example.comJob placement is not provided by Extended Learning or the National University Career Services department.
Additional Career and Job Market Resources:
A: Yes. Corporate training is available for organizations through the Division of Extended Learning at National University. Any course can be tailored to meet an organizational goal while helping you maximize your training budget. Workshops can take place either at your site or one of our various locations throughout California.