What you need to know before applying to National University
Please take a few minutes to review these undergraduate admissions requirements before submitting your application:
- All entering undergraduate students without prior college level English and/or Math courses must take the ACCUPLACER mathematics and English evaluation as part of the admissions process. The results of the evaluation are printed immediately and a copy is provided to the student. Read more about Placement by Evaluation. The ACCUPLACER may be taken once at no charge. Subsequent examinations can be repeated after 14 days for a $5 fee. Applicants who have not earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or who have completed fewer than 90 quarter (60 semester) units of transferable college credit must have graduated from high school, passed a high school level proficiency test or received a Certificate of Proficiency from a state Department of Education.
- Applicants who are considered first time students based on the criteria below must attend an orientation course through the Division of Extended Learning prior to enrolling.
- Never attended a college or university
- Education experience is limited to:
- Competency based education
- College level courses completed during high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- Military service or training
- Prior learning credit (CLEP, Dantes, Excelsior, portfolio assessment, etc.)
- High school graduates transferring from regionally accredited colleges and universities are admitted as degree students if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.0 may be admitted on probationary admission if the Committee on the Application of Standards (Committee) judges that there is sufficient evidence of potential to complete college studies. Applicants below a 2.0 may submit a petition letter to their advisor for review by the Committee.
- Individual degree programs may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
For further information, please contact an admissions advisor at 1-800-NAT-UNIV, or via e-mail at email@example.com.