ITM430 Wide Area Networks
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bhaskar Raj Sinha
Course DescriptionOverview of the management tools necessary to understand the WAN hardware and software for client server architecture technology. This course focuses on the installation and management of the WAN and the connectivity to other systems and networks. The emphasis of this course is on hands-on learning: how to install, configure and implement the network.
- Define the technical and business characteristics of Wide Area Networks.
- Describe Wide Area Network architectures, models, and International Networks.
- Describe circuit switched, packet switched, frame relay, and ATM Networks.
- Identify how to interconnect Networks using bridges, switches, routers, and gateways.
- Identify Remote access technologies for mobile users to LANandapos;s.
- List Network Management Objectives for LANandapos;s and WANandapos;s.
- Identify the components of Network management systems, standards, and protocols.
- Identify the major security requirements and threats for Computer Networks.
- Identify how to manage, safeguard, and protect computer networks.