CIS480 Health Information Management
Lead Faculty: Dr Lu Zhang
Course DescriptionOverview of the health information management and health care delivery systems. Coverage includes the patient record, numbering and filing systems, record storage and circulation, indexes, registers, and health data collection.
- Explain health information and management concepts.
- Describe types of patient records and documentation issues associated with them.
- Describe numbering and filing systems; and record storage and circulation.
- Explain indexes, registers, and health data collection.
- Evaluate automated record systems.
- Recognize medical classification and coding systems.