TMG610 Global Trends in Technology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
This course focuses on our current technology trends that support the global economy. Students will gain understanding of the factors that drive this ever changing technological environment and why it is so important to transfer and apply the cost effective technological solution to their own organization. The economic, political and technological processes that impact our global organizations must be understood. Therefore, students will examine transnational corporations and organizations that are engaged in this dynamic technological environment. The problems, issues, and solutions must be analyzed by students because we live in a diverse cultural economy with global technological applications requirements.
- Gain solid background of economic, political and global technological processes.
- Apply technology knowledge and gain a specific competitive advantage within the global business economy.
- Evaluate the global marketplace and its related technology trends/application that may affect a global organization.
- Learn to integrate business operations that fit the global organizations.
- Appraise global operation management of various industries.
- Assess and describe the means to sustain growth, enhance equity and ensure global survival.