EGR324L Linear Systems and Signals Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Jodi Reeves
Course DescriptionThis lab course provides a collection of hands-on experiments for supporting the lectures of EGR320. The MATLAB, LABVIEW and NI equipment based experiments are designed to enable students to understand the theory behind signals and systems as well as validate the theory with real-world examples. The lab will cover time-domain and frequency-domain characterization of signals and systems, transforms, filtering and sampling.
- Represent various continuous-time and discrete-time signals using MATLAB and/or LABVIEW.
- Analyze and simulate LTI systems in time domain and frequency domain using MATLAB and/or LABVIEW.
- Implement and apply various transforms, such as Fourier series, Fourier transform, Laplace transform etc., to analyze signals and LTI systems.
- Design, simulate and implement filters to process various signals.
- Implement and apply sampling theorem to band-limited signals.
- Function effectively in a team environment.