PAD403 Government Relations
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far
Course DescriptionThis course is an exploration of how to communicate with citizens in a positive and helpful fashion. Discusses how to interact with community groups and the press and how to promote public understanding of, and support for, government activities.
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Describe political response and communications structures in public sector agencies.
2. Explain and analyze the concept of community relations within the context of public agencies.
3. Describe the role of public sector agencies in a changing society.
4. Evaluate the influence of community groups and issue networks as representative of a democratic society of citizens.
5. Evaluate public opinion polls and political data relevant to local, state, and national community issues and concerns.
6. Describe grassroots public input into the decision-making system.