SCR683P Adaptation Practicum
Lead Faculty: Ms. Bettina Moss M.F.A.
The Practicum component of the Adaptation Workshop provides students with one-on-one time with the professor to evaluate and fully process the completed screenplay.
- Integrate learned elements of screenplay writing and apply them to an idea for adaptation.
- Collaborate in small sub-groups to advance story ideas and the understanding of specific films and produced screenplays.
- Structure an outline for a screenplay that incorporates both screenwriting elements and story elements original to the source material.
- Synthesize constructive criticism in order to revise the outline.
- Evaluate films and produced screenplays in the same genre as the adaptation project.
- Analyze constructs from films and produced screenplays which support the studentand's adaptation.
- Generate a first draft for an adapted screenplay based upon these learned elements.