SCR682P Adv Screenwriting Practicum
Lead Faculty: Ms. Bettina Moss M.F.A.
The Practicum component of Advanced Screenwriting provides students with one-on-one time with the professor to evaluate and fully process the completed screenplay.
- Integrate learned elements of screenplay writing and apply them to a new, original idea.
- Collaborate in small sub-groups to advance story ideas and the understanding of specific films and produced screenplays.
- Structure an outline for a screenplay that incorporates either ensemble storytelling, dual-genres, specialized research and/or other non-traditional story elements.
- Synthesize constructive criticism in order to revise the outline.
- Evaluate films and produced screenplays in the same genre as the screenplay project.
- Analyze constructs from films and produced screenplays which support the student's new, original idea.
- Generate a first draft screenplay for a new, original idea based upon these learned elements.