PLA333 Criminal Law I
Lead Faculty: Dr Bryan Hance
Course DescriptionExamines criminal law, including the criminal legal system, what constitutes a crime, the elements of crimes, inchoate crimes, and criminal defenses.
- Evaluate the differences between a civil and criminal case.
- Examine and explain what constitutes a crime, including actus reus and mens rea.
- Analyze the elements of common crimes.
- Evaluate the different defenses and how they apply in a criminal case.
- Analyze how ethical rules apply to paralegals in a criminal law practice.