PAD632 Finance Mgt & Grant Admin
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far
Course DescriptionAn exploration of current governmental fiscal management techniques and issues. Examines various types of financial and technical assistance to quasi-governmental and non-profit management organizations.
- Explain the basic principles underlying local government finance in relation to the allocation, distribution and stabilization functions of government.
- Analyze and evaluate the various sources of revenue available to local and state government in providing programs and services to citizens.
- Identify fiscal management issues and strategies for dealing with revenue needs in relation to citizen concerns.
- Describe the different types of budgets, the players involved in developing these budgets, and how they are presented to the public.
- Analyze and evaluate the changing impact of taxes, user charges and fees, and intergovernmental revenues on the budget process.
- Describe the importance and responsibility of local government management for maintaining a strong economy within the local community.
- Identify grant and other funding resources available to community agencies and organizations.
- Describe the Request for Proposal (RFP) process as it relates to grant administration.