PAD620 Foundations of Public Admin
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far DPA
A general survey course covering the role of the public sector manager in American society today. Studies current issues and leading concepts in the field of non-profit management.
- Describe public administration theories and concepts in the context of the documents of the founding fathers.
- Analyze and evaluate the concept of new public management within the historical development of government administration.
- Identify major public administration functions and describe the role they perform in the overall governing of the public sector.
- Identify key historical developments in public administration and relate these to current trends and practices at both the national and local levels.
- Analyze decision-making issues and relate them to general public managerial practices in an array of quasi-political government environments.
- Analyze how the changing global society and multicultural environment impacts the management of the public sector.
- Explain the division of power within American government as established by the Constitution of the United States.
- Describe, analyze and evaluate the ethical behavior of individuals in relation to ethical principles and practices of government agencies.
- Identify and analyze the impact of political influences on the public sector decision-making process.