MDC683P Production Management Practicu
Lead Faculty: Mr. Edward Alyn Warren III, MFA
In this 'independent studio practicum' taken concurrently with MDC 683, students apply industry practices to develop a production plan and pre-production documentation needed to execute a professional production. Practical assignments developed by the instructor will receive individual and group critiques.
- Communicate the production and post-production requirements in a variety of situations to the production crew through such production documents as storyboards, shooting scripts, shot lists, blocking diagrams and lighting plans.
- Collaborate on the production and post-production of a short motion picture.
- Produce a production schedule, staffing and logistical requirements for a scripted short digital motion picture.
- Utilize the appropriate preproduction documents to coordinate the production and postproduction of a short motion picture.
- Critique production dailies and a variety of editorial cuts in relation to the application of cinematic concepts and technical principles of the cinematic crafts cinematography, directing, sound design and editing and their effective contribution to the story.
- Evaluate the organizational contributions of the director, associate producer, director of photography, assistant director, production designer, and gaffer on the preproduction and production phases of filmmaking