MDC683P Production Management Practicu
Lead Faculty: Mr. Edward Alyn Warren III, MFA
In this "independent studio practicum" taken concurrently with MDC 683, students apply industry practices to develop a production plan and pre-production documentation needed to execute a professional production. Practical assignments developed by the instructor will receive individual and group critiques.
- Communicate the production and post-production requirements in a variety of situations to the production crew through such production documents as storyboards, shooting scripts, shot lists, blocking diagrams and lighting plans.
- Collaborate on the production and post-production of a short motion picture.
- Produce a production schedule, staffing and logistical requirements for a scripted short digital motion picture.
- Utilize the appropriate preproduction documents to coordinate the production and postproduction of a short motion picture.
- Critique production dailies and a variety of editorial cuts in relation to the application of cinematic concepts and technical principles of the cinematic craftsandamp;#8212; cinematography, directing, sound design and editingandamp;#8212;and their effective contribution to the story.
- Evaluate the organizational contributions of the director, associate producer, director of photography, assistant director, production designer, and gaffer on the preproduction and production phases of filmmaking