MDC653 Film Directing
Lead Faculty: Mr. Edward Alyn Warren III, MFA
Focusing on the theory and practice of directing films, the course covers the directorand#xbf;s responsibility for developing the vision and objectives of a production. Students analyze and break down scripts and evaluate aesthetic choices necessary for effective dramatic and visual storytelling.
- Evaluate the director's impact on the visual components of filmmaking
- Evaluate a script and articulate its theme, dramatic beats, visual vocabulary, and style using the directorial breakdown process
- Design a director's visual and stylistic approach to a short script that supports the dramatic beats of a story.
- Generate a shot list that supports the dramatic beats of a story.
- Design a blocking plan for a script based that supports the dramatic beats of a story
- Construct a digital storyboard that communicates the visual and stylistic approach as a director.