LAW445 Administrative Law for Busines
Lead Faculty: Dr Bryan Hance
Course DescriptionAn advanced survey of administrative law and procedure and manner in which the various state and federal agencies are a part of the integral workings of business operations, including, but not limited to, the areas of environmental operations, employee relations, consumer good regulations, occupational safety.
- Explain the basic concepts and structure of the various administrative agencies impacting business.
- Describe how administrative agencies regulate business and the economy.
- Understand the jurisdictions of each agency to regulate and the origin of that jurisdiction.
- Know how to obtain the appropriate statutes that control each agency, and research the regulations which are promulgated by each agency.
- Identify the difference between criminal, civil and administrative law.
- Know how to prepare for an administrative agency inspection or audit.
- Prepare for an administrative hearing, including presentation of evidence.
- Understand the impact of administrative violations on business operations.
- Understand a business' rights under appeal from an administrative finding of violation.