LAW304 Legal Aspects of Business I
Lead Faculty: Bryan Hance JD
A survey of contracts, sales, agencies, personal property, commercial paper and associated topics. Emphasizes prevention of litigation and liability arising from business operations.
- Explain the basic concepts and structure of the American legal system.
- Describe how law and regulations apply to business and the economy.
- Recognize business situations that require legal counsel.
- Interpret and form contractual relationships in business.
- Identify remedies for breach of contract.
- Describe how third parties may become involved in contracts, and what their rights may be under the contract.
- Identify the nature and form of sales.
- Distinguish personal property from other forms of property.
- Distinguish bailment's from contracts.
- Write analyses of legal issues that may arise in the business environment.
- Establish business practices that comply with relevant laws in an effort to maintain ethical business practices.
- Identify technological resources available to the business practitioner to aid in the analysis of legal issues arising in the business environment.
- Explain the need for awareness of and sensitivity to differences in business law in the international business environment.