HSE620 Global Lessons in Security
Course DescriptionExamination of overseas homeland security practices in the areas of terrorist threats, emergency response, critical infrastructure, radicalization, border and transportation security.
- Distinguish between international homeland security policies.
- Analyze homeland security threats from domestic and international perspectives.
- Evaluate homeland security strategies, laws and institutions.
- Compare the roles of civilian authorities and the military practices in homeland security issues.
- Analyze the role emergency management plays in response to homeland security issues in the domestic and international environments.
- Appraise the different ethical issues between international and domestic homeland security practices.