HSE615 Fundamentals of Recovery
Course DescriptionThis course addresses the concepts, operational procedures, and authorities involved in recovering from major disasters. Federal, State, and local government roles and responsibilities in major disaster recover work will be covered, as well as government coordination and the solution of problems frequently arising in recovery operations. Preliminary damage assessment, disaster recovery centers, and special needs of victims and disaster workers are discussed.
- Analyze the history, philosophy, strategy, programs, and consequences of recovery operations.
- Evaluate the specialized knowledge and skills necessary to create programs that will reduce losses from future disasters during recovery operations.
- Appraise the cycles and physical aspects of recovery.
- Evaluate the politics of recovery.
- Analyze ethical issues surrounding the recovery operations.