HSE614 Infrastructure Protection
Course DescriptionThis course introduces the student to Critical Infrastructure and the necessary security for its protection. Critical Infrastructure is systems and assets, whether physical or virtual, so vital that the capacity or destruction of such may have a debilitating impact on the security of the nation and across any level of government or jurisdiction.
- Analyze Critical Infrastructure assets as to their importance to national security.
- Evaluate the National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
- Appraise the major components of each of the 18 Critical Infrastructure Sectors as they relate to national security.
- Examine the roles and responsibilities of Federal, State, Regional, Local, Tribal, Territorial and private sectors in managing the National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
- Argue the laws and regulations applicable to critical infrastructure protection policies.
- Critique common vulnerability assessments methodologies and tools.