HSE611 Emergency/Disaster Response
Course DescriptionProvides the student an overview of the most important aspects of emergency management and disaster response. The course discusses best practices of the all-hazards approach to responding to manmade and natural disasters.
- Analyze the concepts of emergency management and disaster response.
- Analyze current and emerging disasters and hazards.
- Evaluate natural and technological hazard and risk assessment.
- Examine the response requirements during a disaster.
- Analyze the roles of the public sector, private sector and non-government organizations in responding to disasters.
- Develop mitigation, response and communication techniques for emergency responses.