HSE606 Managing Information Security
Course DescriptionIntroduces computer security issues in traditional computer systems to distributed networks and the Internet. Covers cryptography; program and operating system security; administration; legal; privacy; and ethical issues.
- Evaluate computer security issues and how to assess them.
- Examine the skills required to assess state of the art practices in networking; cryptography; program and operating system security; information system administration.
- Appraise security vulnerabilities and threats to information systems.
- Analyze counter measures to address information security threats.
- Critique legal issues and court decisions concerning privacy and managing information security.
- Examine ethical issues surrounding managing information security.