CJA665 Violence and Victimization
Lead Faculty: Dr Ponzio Oliverio
This course examines the causes of criminal victimization and looks at theories associated with violent victimization. It analyzes the offender-victim relationship, and presents ideas on preventing violence, and on responding to criminal victimization.
- Analyze and compare terms related to violence and victimization.
- Analyze and assess the concept of victimization.
- Trace and evaluate the development of theories of victimization.
- Analyze and differentiate between types of violence.
- Evaluate and examine offender-victim relationships.
- Analyze injustices by the criminal justice system.
- Appraise ways of responding to criminal victimization.