ADR405 Negotiation Fundamentals
Lead Faculty: Dr. Jack B. Hamlin
An introductory interactive course designed for students and the business professional to develop the verbal and analytical skills required to perform
effectively as a negotiator in conflict situations. Students will participate in negotiating exercises, and learn different negotiating techniques through
simulations, videos, and case studies.
- Recognize the need for effective planning in preparation for the negotiation process.
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of distributive bargaining.
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of integrative bargaining.
- Recognize how gender, race, culture and stereotyping affects the negotiation process.
- Understand the effects of power struggles and how they affect the negotiation process.
- Recognize the role perception and communication plays in the negotiation process.
- Identify the standards of ethical conduct that should be part of the negotiation process.
- Understand individual negotiating abilities and preferences.