If you’re looking to expand your knowledge of social emotional learning to empower educational communities, then the Master of Arts in Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is the program for you. The MA in SEL is designed to help you make transformational change in your school community as you promote the intersectionality of SEL both in and outside of the classroom. This program will equip you with research-based knowledge and skills in self-care, cognition, trauma, and the ability to create healthy environments and relationships that are culturally responsive, equitable, and supportive for the whole child. This deep dive into personal identity, culture, leadership, community, and programs provides an SEL foundation where positive school climates thrive.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create an action research project based on SEL research, theory, and practice that will create inclusive environments for the whole child.
- Evaluate the impact of SEL competencies on student success metrics at the various developmental levels.
- Distinguish the intersectionality between SEL, equity, cognition, and cultural responsiveness in educational communities.
- Examine SEL communities, frameworks, programs, and policies.
- Develop social and emotional leadership skills to support teachers, administrators, and families in transforming school culture.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.