Dr. Cynthia Sistek-Chandler
Cynthia Sistek-Chandler is a Professor in the College of Education at National University. Dr. Sistek-Chandler is an award-winning educator with a passion for teaching technology tools with purpose! Most recently she received the 2020 Higher Education Ed Tech Leader of the Year by EdTech Digest, as well as the prestigious Making IT Happen award (2019) through the International Association for Technology in Education (ISTE) and by Computer Using Educators (CUE). Dr. Sistek-Chandler is also the recipient of CUE’s Gold Disk and Platinum Disk for her contributions to the Ed Tech field and community. Dr. Sistek-Chandler is a pioneer in the area of online learning where she has designed and taught online courses since 1999. Her ongoing research focuses on the efficacy of online learning, instructor presence online, and humanizing online learning through synchronous discussion.
Cynthia is currently the Program Lead for the NEW Master of Arts in Social and Emotional Learning and is the author of Exploring Online Learning through Synchronous and Asynchronous Instructional Methods (IGI Global, 2020).
- Association for Supervision of Curriculum and Development
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- American Educational Research Association
- Computer-Using Educators
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Sistek-Chandler, C. M.. (2018). Transforming into an Educational Leader. Leading with social media. 191-201.
- Sistek-Chandler, C. M.. (2017). Preparing Pre-Service Teachers for the Inclusive Classroom. Parents as partners in the special education proce. 263-276.
- Amster, S. E., Campbell, S., & Sistek-Chandler, C.. (2016). Mobilizing the Newsroom in an Online Class: How Master's Journalism Students Capture, Edit, and Publish the News. Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching, 9(1): 12-141.
- Haavind, S. & Sistek-Chandler, C.. (2015). The Emergent Role of the MOOC Instructor: A Qualitative Study of Trends Toward Improving Future Practice. International Journal on E-Learning, 14(3): 331-350.
- Panke, S., Devers, C., & Sistek-Chandler, C.. (n.d.). Special Issue on Mobile Technologies. Journal of Interactive Learning Review,
- Sistek-Chandler, C. (2018-06-01). TOSA's Enhancing Teacher Knowledge and Practice. Conference presented at the International Society for Technology Educators, Chicago, IL.
- Sistek-Chandler, C. (2018-04-17). Investigating the Motives, Strategies, and Tensions of Instructional Technology Coaches: How Coaches Influence Teachers' Technological, Pedagogical, and Content Knowledge. Poster presented at the American Education Research Association Conference, New York, New York.
- Sistek-Chandler, C. (2018-03-01). TOSA at the Top: Teachers in Technology Leadership Roles. Conference presented at the Computer Using Educators Conference, Palm Springs, CA.
- Sistek-Chandler, C. (2017-10-01). Twitter and Social Media Across K12 and Higher Education: Assessment of Use and Perception. Conference presented at the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education eLearn Conference, Vancouver, B.C. Canada.
- Sistek-Chandler, C. (2017-10-01). EdCamp a Model for Professional Development. Conference presented at the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education eLearn Conference, Vancouver, B.C. Canada.