Brian Arnold is the Chair of the Department of Global Innovation, Social Emotional Learning, and Educational Technology. Formerly the Academic Program Director for the MS in Designing Instructional and Educational technology, the BA in Film Arts and the BA in Digital Media Design programs. Brian’s PhD is in Educational Psychology and Educational Technology; his career highlights include working as an Editor for Nickelodeon Animation Studios and running Video Game related undergraduate programs.
- Arnold, B. J. (2022). The Relationship between Reasons for Participation and Achievement (Doctoral dissertation, Michigan State University). ProQuest Dissertations Publishing.
- Smith, A., Arnold, B., Hall, M., & Piowlski, L. (2021). The CalTPA Handbook: Unpacking Equitable Practices in the California Teaching Performance Assessment (1st ed.). Dubuque, IA: Great River Learning.
- Sanford Education Social Emotional Learning Resource Bank (2020) for K12 teachers (Participating / Lead author)
- Boltz, Elizabeth. (2018). These Games Are Made for Walkin’: Walking Sims Step Up & Fill In. Meaningful Play 2018.
- Arnold, B.. (2017). Sustaining Immersive Game Based Learning (GBL) Environments. Game-Based Learning: Theory, Strategies and Perfor. 123-140.
- Koehler. M.J., Arnold, B., Greenhalgh, S.P., Boltz, L.O., & Burdell, G.P.. (2017). A taxonomy approach to studying how gamers review games. Simulation & Gaming.,
- Arnold, B. (2017). Sustaining Immersive Game Based Learning (GBL) Environments. Game-Based Learning: Theory, Strategies and Perfor. 123-140.
- Arnold, B.. (2017). Setting the Record Straight: Why People Reviews. Practicum towards PhD in Educational Technology Ed.
- Boltz, Elizabeth. (2016). Three Simple Tricks You Didn’t Know You Needed in Order to Use Listicles in Your Classroom. Society for Information Technology & Teacher Educa.
- Arnold, B.. (2016). Design Principles for Creating and Maintaining Immersive Experiences in Educational Games. Society for Information Technology & Teacher Educa. (2016): 502-508.
- Arnold, B.. (2016). Practicum [RESEARCH PROPOSAL] – in pursuit of PhD degree. Why do people post online reviews.
- Arnold, B.. (2015). 2015 annual Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) conference. Social presence in synchronous hybrid settings: Be.
- Arnold, B.. (2007). Exploring Visual Storytelling. Cengage Learning.
- Smith, A., Arnold, B., Hall, M., & Piowlski, L.. (n.d.). The CalTPA Handbook: Unpacking Equitable Practices in the California Teaching Performance Assessment. The CalTPA Handbook: Unpacking Equitable Practices.
- Smith, A.L., Meetze-Hall, M., Walters, K.A. & Arnold, B.J.. (n.d.). Utilizing Video Mentoring to Support Policy and Practice in K-12 and Higher Education. Research Monograph.
- Reeves, J.. (n.d.). Applying Student Engagement Techniques to Multidisciplinary Online Engineering Laboratories. ASEE. (2015): 26.229.1.
- Arnold, B. & Walters, K.A.. (n.d.). Reimaging novice teacher support: Promoting teacher self-efficacy growth through video mentoring protocols. Critical Questions in Education Spring Conference.
- Boltz, L., Greenhalgh, S.. (n.d.). Players, features, and enjoyment Entertainment games as models for educational games. SITE. (2015): 822-829.
- Mehta, R., Rosen, J., Russo,T., Arnold,B.. (n.d.). A survey of social media use and the effects of a social media initiative on graduate student engagement. Indianapolis, Indiana: Association for Educational. (2015): .