Dr. Michael Myers
Dr. Michael Myers is a research physiologist and educator. He holds a BS in Comprehensive Science, MS in Education, and a PhD in Physiology. His peer-reviewed publications include articles in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, FEBS letters, the Journal of Biotechnology, and the Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching. He has presented dozens of professional talks at both scientific and educational conferences. He is a UBTech Advisory Board Member and Fellow, and holds certifications in course design and Blackboard Training. He has numerous professional and teaching awards including being named Professor of the Year in the College of Natural Science and Mathematics at CSULB in 2009 and in 2015 he won National University’s Chancellor Dr. Jerry C. Lee Outstanding Faculty Service Award. Dr. Myers has been Chair of the Department of Health Sciences at National University since 2013. Under his leadership, the department added two new major programs, achieved national accreditation, and its first national ranking as one of top 25 most affordable quality online Health Sciences and Health Informatics Programs in the nation according to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
- Myers, M. P.. (2022). Tech Tools and Tips for Educators to Increase Online Integrity. 20th Hawaii International Conference on Education.
- Sistek-Chandler, C., Bhawal, R. & Myers, M.P. (2020). Online Instructor Voices: A Qualitative Study on Perceptions of Practice. International Journal of Social Policy & Education, 2(4): 1-11.
- Kaye Gehrke, E., Myers, M.P., Mendez, S., Mckissock, B., Lindsley, & Tontz, P. (2019). Multi-Site Psychophysiological Analysis of Equine Assisted Healing in Combat Veterans and First Responders. International Journal of Health Sciences, 7(4): 1-6.
- Kaye Gehrke, E., Noquez, A., Ranke, P., Myers, M. P. (2018). Measuring the psychological changes in combat Veterans participating in an equine therapy program. Journal of Military, Veteran, and Family Health, 4(1): 60-69.
- Kaye Gehrke, E., Myers, M.P., Evans, S.,Garman, K. (2016). Pilot Study on Impact on Balance of Autonomic Nervous System During Equine-Assisted Coaching: Simultaneous Heart Rate Variability in Horses, Coach, and Client. International Journal for Human Caring, 20(1): 12-14.
- Myers, M. P. & Schiltz, P. M. (2012). Use of Elluminate in online teaching of statistics in the health sciences. Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching, 5: 53-62.
- Hoa, N., Ge, L., Kuznetsov, Y., Mcpherson, A., Cornforth, A., Pham, J., Myers, M. P., Et Al. (2010). Glioma cells display complex cell surface topographies that resist the actions of cytolytic effector lymphocytes. Journal of Immunology, 185(8): 4793-4803.
- Hoa, N., Myers, M., Douglass, T., Zhang, J., Delgado, C., Driggers, L., Callahan, L., Et Al. (2008). Molecular Mechanisms of Paraptosis Induction: Implications for a Non-Genetically Modified Tumor Vaccine (Paraptosis Induction). PLoS ONE, 4(2): E4631.
- Hoa, N., Zhang, J., Delgado, C., Myers, M. P., Callahan, L., Vandeusen, G., Schiltz, P., Et Al. (2007). Human monocytes kill M-CSF-expressing glioma cells by BK channel activation. Laboratory Investigation, 87(2): 115-129.
- Myers, M. P., Khanna, R., Lee, E., & Papazian, D. (2004). Voltage sensor mutations differentially target misfolded K+ channel subunits to proteasomal and non‐proteasomal disposal pathways. FEBS Letters, 568(1-3): 110-116.
- Khanna, R., Myers, M. P., Lainé, M., & Papazian, D. (2001). Glycosylation increases potassium channel stability and surface expression in mammalian cells. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 276(36): 34028-34.
- Myers, M. P. & Stampe, P. (2000). A point mutation in the Maxi-K channel clone dSlo creates a high affinity site for charybdotoxin. Neuropharmacology, 39(1): 11-20.