Specialization in Best Practices
Dr. Linda Ventriglia-Nava
The Best Practices specialization instructs students in research-based Best Practices that accelerate student achievement. The program is based on 11 years of school-based research that turned around low achieving schools and accelerated achievement at all schools where the Best Practices were used. Students will learn how to implement effective teaching strategies that accelerate student achievement and engage students in 21 century learning. An interdisciplinary approach to learning will enable teacher s to develop a systematic approach for teaching interdisciplinary vocabulary across the curriculum.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate Best Practices for Standards-based instruction across content areas
- Use Best Practice teaching strategies across the curriculum.
- Integrate Best Practices for standards-based instruction across content areas.
- Apply to their teaching the framework of Teach, Practice and Apply using Best Practice teaching strategies.
- Implement Best Practice teaching strategies for the development of vocabulary, math, reading comprehension, and interdisciplinary learning.
- Apply student engagement/motivational strategies.
- Integrate Best Practices in multimedia-interactive classroom instruction.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of differentiated instructional strategies.
(4 courses; 18 quarter units)