Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology
Dr. Cynthia Sistek-Chandler
This certificate is designed for individuals wishing to develop their knowledge and skills for using technology in the educational setting
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explore and analyze various learning theories such as behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism and neurocognition and apply those theories to instruction with technology.
- Research and report the ways that technology can be used to support specific types of learners.
- Identify and demonstrate methods and techniques to accommodate learners in an online or blended environment.
- Identify ways in which new learning technologies are supported by research.
- Participate in online community building and in web-based interactive activities.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of multimedia courseware as an instructional delivery system.
- Describe the critical issues involved in designing effective distance educational programs, including formation of instructional goals and objectives, media/technology selection, and financial considerations.
- Design web-based courses using web page design authoring tools.
- Discuss the hardware and software requirements which need to be met in order to effectively utilize online learning.
- Analyze appropriate Internet resources to use.
Certificate Requirements (5 courses; 22.5 quarter units)