Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of the background and orientation of the terms included in the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) category.
- Demonstrate an understanding of federal and state laws, legislation and judicial decisions regarding children with autism.
- Demonstrate competence in recognizing behaviors and utilizing assessments that identify children as having autism.
- Demonstrate competence and understanding in using behavioral analysis to manage and change behaviors of children with autism.
- Demonstrate understanding of differing evidence-based program strategies for teaching students with autism.
- Demonstrate the competence to organize a structured classroom, to collect relevant data on behavioral outcomes, and to implement identified evidence-based strategies for a class that includes students that fall within the spectrum.
- Demonstrate skills needed for working collaboratively within and across systems that serve children and families and with professionals from diverse disciplines.
- EXC 621 Intro Students w/Autism Spect
- EXC 622 Assess & Behavioral App in Aut
- EXC 623 Intervention/Instr. w/Aut.
- EXC 624 Autism Collab w/Parents & Fam.