The Paralegal Specialist Certificate in Criminal Law is intended to introduce students to the legal skills required to serve the community effectively and ethically in a criminal law practice. The program provides an academic and practical education of uncompromising quality. The certificate is offered and approved by the American Bar Association only at the Los Angeles and Woodland Hills campuses.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Discuss broad legal principles from the primary areas of law, such as Torts, Contracts, Real Property, and others, and explain the definitions of certain basic legal terms and phrases.
- Conduct legal research using manual and computer-assisted methods.
- Demonstrate the basic process of legal reasoning and analysis.
- Describe the paralegal’s role in a criminal law practice.
- Recognize how broad ethical principles apply to paralegals in a criminal law practice.
- PLX 2100X Torts
- PLX 2101X Leg Res Wrtg-Briefing/Analysis
- PLX 2102X Contracts
- PLX 2103X Leg Res Wrtg-Legal Memo
- PLX 1804X Foundations of Property Law
- PLX 2105X Computers & the Law
- PLX 1806X Legal Writing Project
- PLX 1809X Essentials of Criminal Law