SCR682 Adv Screenwriting Workshop
Lead Faculty: Ms. Bettina Moss MFA
Building on core screenwriting courses, this advanced workshop focuses on creating an outline that employs more sophisticated structural and character elements such as ensemble storytelling and/or non-linear structure. Students receive critical review of their outline and in a consultation with the instructor will create an action plan for writing the screenplay. In addition, the student will reflect upon the study of screenwriting in a critical essay.
- Integrate advanced elements of screenplay outline writing and apply them to a new, original idea.
- Incorporate constructive criticism in order to revise story ideas and outlines.
- Synthesize advanced screenwriting study to write an outline that includes either ensemble storytelling, non-linear structure and/or other non-traditional story elements.
- Evaluate films and produced screenplays for advanced techniques.
- Analyze advanced screenplay theory in a critical essay.